Friday, August 3, 2012

Thoughts and Poemlets for Friday Thoughts



When we come to the end
Of our answers
We begin
The journey of faith

***

How swiftly comes
The turning page
A day, a month, a year
And as we cross
Its phantom stage
Of fortune, faith or fear
We realize
This fleeting leap
Offers no guarantee
But one
There is no plural
In the word eternity

Death does not seek
Simply the old
Not one of us can know
How many pages
We will turn
Before we’re called to go
Life is a gift
As is God’s love
His grace and mercy, free
We ought to call on Him
Before
That word; eternity

***

Gather your complaints in a bucket
And bury them deep in the sod
Gather your cares, your heartaches and fear
And carry them in prayer, to God

***

A storm is not forever
Only the Hand beneath it

***

We cannot comprehend the Love
That tries us in our sorrows
Faith is the mystic substance of
His hope for our tomorrows
We cannot glimpse the best of Him
In prosperity’s bubble
We only see the rest of Him
Until He sends us trouble

***


If I feel no ache for the hungry
Should I yet eat?
If I feel no sorrow for the lost
Am I yet found?
If I feel no pity for the weak
Dare I think myself strong?
Shall I yet rejoice?
If I do not pray for the fallen
Do I stand?
If I do not recognize need
Can I yet recognize greed?
If I cannot master thought
Will thought be my master?
If I cannot love God first
Can I yet love?

***

Thank-you God for morning
Un-splattered; a new sheet
Before I leave a footprint, Lord

© Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. Sagely written Janet. I especially love:

    When we come to the end
    Of our answers
    We begin
    The journey of faith

    and...

    A storm is not forever
    Only the Hand beneath it

    ...think I may want to memorize these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you PL. I was suffering from major insomnia last night due to some meds I'm on for what they think might be poison ivy. A few weeks ago I walked through a field and bush and have been suffering ever since. It is driving me crazy AND giving me a lot of time to think about a lot of stuff...so then I write:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!