Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Remembering...


There is so much of you I wish you’d show me
But you prefer to do things your own way
And oh, I wish that you would choose to tell me
The words that I cannot force you to say

I remember when you had no secrets from me
And I could almost know just what you’d say
But time is taking you a little farther
Down a road that’s paved with yesterdays

And I won’t hold you back, dear daughter
I remember walking down the self-same road
And never thinking that perhaps a mother
Stood somewhere with tears and watched me go

Janet~

2 comments:

  1. Once again I understand!!!Why is it so hard??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that one day this will happen to my daughter. And so, I am enjoying today and tomorrow, until she finds another to share her heart with. August Thurmer

    Very moving and thought provoking Janet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!