Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Try As We May


 Truly touching articles in this latest issue of Rural Route!
Thank-you to everyone who allowed us a peek into your lives/hearts!
It really does remind us to remember those with heavy, daily crosses to bear!
Many of our other 'local heroes' are not featured in these articles and we remember you as well...
I was startled to realize within a five miles radius from our home are four husbands/dads living the remainder of their lives in wheel-chairs!
 (Wayne Martin, Doug Weber and Ralph Martin besides Robert who is the Front Cover photo)
...our hearts and prayers go out to them, their wives/families!


Below is part of the story from a young girl who is watching as her friends get driver's licenses. etc...
(Esp. touching to me as my niece is one of her faithful friends)
Warning; paragraph below may cause tear-flow💕


Some things we suffer will not go away
Nothing will alter it; try as we may
Still, not for nothing, the trouble life sends
This binds us nearer to fam’ly and friends
This shines the light of Love’s beam, true and dear
This ushers pity of God through each tear
This teaches us through the Yielding of Plan
 Of a Creator much greater than man

Who knows the mind of God? Not you or me
Who knows what trial is waiting to be?
But this we rest in; no matter the test
God, rich in mercy allows what is best
Man, poor in spirit will be Heaven-blessed
Man who is mourning will be comforted
Man who is meek will inherit the earth
Faith waits until fulfillment bares its Worth

Try as we may we are not in control
God is the Giver of body and soul
He, our Father loves us, one and all
Tender, the Mender of Man and The Fall
He, through His suffering and by His death
Brings to man’s suffering, hope in each breath
So we rejoice as we trust in the Lord
Heaven is waiting with sorrow’s reward

© Janet Martin

 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness."
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Cor.12:9


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!