Thursday, January 14, 2016

To You, Dear Day


I should know you, darling
Without surprise you spill
Your faithful light of morning
Over the far blue hill

You tug from moor and meadow
Midnight’s muted manteau
You ease away the shadow
Where dusk bid us adieu

And I should fully know you
Tell me, how it can be
That after all these years, love
You still surprise me

You veil within your bearing
That which none can predict
You heed to commandeering
Of time’s law and edict

I guess I’ll never know you
By much more than your name
For no two of you, darling
Are ever quite the same

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good series to peruse some day!!
    Sun has been sparse this week for sure..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading this series as no-longer-a-young-girl, was like reading it for the first time

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!