Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hello, Fellow-traveler, I'd Like to Inquire...





Hello, fellow-traveler, I’d like to inquire
What gives you the courage to climb ever higher?
What grants you the vim to resume undone task
Where yester-night you depleted fervor’s flask?

What gives you the get-up-and-go once again?
What drives you to doing what oft seems in vain?
Tell me, what rekindles the flame in your breast
Where yester-spark dwindled, snuffed by weariness?

And in spite of knowing that we cannot know
How, when or where life’s harsher tempests will blow
Tell me, what in spite of this draws you to rise
Forging ever forward toward life’s demise?

Hello, fellow-traveler, tell me if you can
What persuades you to the pursuit of a plan?
What bids you anew to avenues of sod?
Tell me, could it be the loving grace of God?

© Janet Martin

But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, 
slow to anger, 
abounding in love and faithfulness.
Ps.86:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!