Sunday, June 8, 2014

Ah, Day Slip Softly Over Me




Ah day, slip softly over me
In cloth of home-spun filigree
Then, drench my senses with your smile
And bar my thought from longing’s guile

This cup I hold, oh, kindly fill
And let the gold of moments spill
Between life’s memory-pages where
Love’s echo long will linger there

Ah, weave with your ethereal thread
Assurances greater than dread
And let me gratefully appraise
Time in its firm, insistent ways

Ah, day slip softly over me
A simple, June-some melody
Ere shadows reach then fade into
Dusk’s meadow of starlight on blue

…and as I pause to recollect
Those things that none can resurrect
I pray, oh let me keep a part
Of you forever in my heart

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love this one-so many charms of seeing how we should are penned in your verse~ @>----------

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!