Sunday, February 10, 2013

This 'Love Thing'



 

I do not know much of love but this
‘Tis bittersweet
Its images of glory
Tarnished, broken
At my feet

I do not know much of love and yet
With my stumbling dust
To learn
The little that I can
I must

I do not know much of love, but oh
To give up
Would be to fling back to God
An overflowing
Cup

I do not know much of love, its true
But one thing I do
I cannot explain it
But to say
‘I love you’

© Janet Martin

"sometimes I think I just do not get this love thing" said hubby in frustration, today at lunch:)
The more I thought about it the more I began to believe its a constant re-learning. 1 Cor. 13 love is hard to learn all at once, isn't it?

4 comments:

  1. No greater love than this.....

    It is hard to learn all at once. It takes one a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it does take one a lifetime. At times it is very confusing, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like life, love too has different shades and moods. But one thing is for sure that it will always be with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!