Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Luxury of Love



 
 

In my peripheral, I know
You are there
Across the room, my darling
The touch of your eyes
Our half-smile embrace
Is a blissful
And virile undoing
We are not over-drawn paupers
The wealthy have nothing on us
For we have a five-star heavenly-suite
As we bask
In the luxury
Of love

Pockets hold jingle and jangle
Hearts hold the warmth of a smile
With you over there
And me over here
Well, I guess that must do
For a while
But then, while they
Empty their pockets
To garner lust’s gold-gilded glove
Our half-smile will meet
In a kiss tender-sweet
As we bask
In the luxury
Of love

The things that all stuff is made of
Is cold, even gold with its guile
Cannot satisfy
Like the light in your eye
Or the hint in
Your little half-smile
The fortune we hold
Exceeds value
The plunder of greed
We disprove
For it cannot compete
With love’s kiss tender-sweet
As we bask
In the luxury
Of love

© Janet Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!