Monday, February 11, 2013

Love; Sweet, Sweet Love



 

Love does not seek
To bring to self
Glory or recognition
Love serves;
Never turning to draw
Applause or adulation

Love; sweet, sweet love
Life’s simple best
In ways of complex wonder
How is it that you
Steal my breath
As your discourse I ponder?

Love; gossamer
And warrior
And pleasure’s painful splendor
You tear blood-oceans
Out of me
In whispers soft and tender

Love; sweet, sweet love
Never demanding
Equal compensation
Yet in its giving
Comes a joy
Beyond word-explanation

Love; miraculous mystery
Increased
By its bestowing
Love; double-edged 
Bliss-agony
Within a tear-drop glowing 

© Janet~

4 comments:

  1. You tear blood-oceans
    Out of me
    In whispers soft and tender

    By far my favorite line. You are a powerful poet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your words about how love is life's most simple complexity that got this poem percolating. thank-you for your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem,on such a mysterious topic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes.'Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal."

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!