Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Irreplacable



 

I tried to find another word
To tell you how I feel
One not so common, often heard
Yet still honest and real
I tried to find a word to spell
The oceans in my heart
And hurricanes within the knell
Of parting’s priceless art

But when I weighed your soft-half grin
The barracks where you let me in
The half-breath longing in your sigh
Wonder that dwarfs time’s little sky
The second look and second mile
Forgiveness uttered in a smile
Something so old yet ever new
Compelling us to remain true

Then, when I tried to compensate
With lesser words something so great
I failed for one cannot improve
The fathoms spelled in this word: Love

© Janet Martin

There is no other way
to properly say,
'I love you'.

1 comment:

  1. As always; beautifully written Janet! I love stopping by and reading your writing! :)

    Blessings and love,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!