Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Morning Musing




If I rely on what I see
Then worry and fear torment me
But if I trust in what I know
Then, by the grace of God I go

***

Emptiness is a heavy weight to bear
Fulfillment is buoyant and weightless as air

***

Fear is a dark, loathsome thing to bear
Faith folds its torment between hands of prayer

***

Be patient
From a seed
Grew the towering
Red-wood tree
Be patient
From our need
Grows faith
Of mustard-seed

***

Oh what a thing of beauty
To witness a heart of trust
Oh, what appalling wretchedness
Pours from a mind of lust

***

I should love nothing more
Than to lie in lazy bliss
On summer’s time-swept shore
Within her bluest kiss
Where all the world is sea and sky
Against a wind-wave lullaby

***

It quivered and glowed in perfect-soft hue
My friend, it was the thought of you
I love the invisible, tender power
That breaks the bud of a lovely mind-flower

Janet~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!