Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pilot Me...a Morning Prayer






Before I step upon the runway
Of the day that lies ahead
Before my footsteps touch the tarmac
Of life’s little hope’s and dread
Father Captain, keep this vessel
I would drift if not for Thee
Keep me in the way of truth and love
Oh Jesus, Savior pilot me

Raise my eyes above life’s worries
Carry me on wings of trust
This is but a tiny journey
Soon our labor-pains of dust
Will pass and we will be delivered
From life’s storms and fickle fray
Jesus Savior, guide this vessel
Lest I drift and lose my way

Keep my eyes upon the gleaming
Of One true and faithful Light
Shield me from vague imitations
Teach me what is true and right
Now, as I touch down on the tarmac
Of this day and what will be
Father Captain, lead this vessel
Jesus, Savior pilot me

© Janet Martin


The Lord's Prayer Words

(traditional)


Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful prayer, Janet!
    Could be a hymn, actually....have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!