Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Remember...


The night dips low in a forlorn tune
Her robe is heavy, dimming the moon
Her sigh so faint it is barely heard
Inaudible sonnet; unwritten word…
But I remember…

The darkened hue of her sultry eye
Deepens the blue of the brook moving by
Gone is the frolicking laughter of May
Smooth and silent, it slips away…
And I remember…

The air is heavy with rose and musk
Pushing awry the dew-laden dusk
The hush of midnight sprawls on the air
A hymn of longing, love and despair
Because I remember…

J~

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved the night... especially during summer. There's something almost magical about it. Thank you for sharing this poem ~ so beautiful. I look forward to reading more! Thank you for stopping by my blog too...

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!