Saturday, May 7, 2011

My D'ruthers


I’druther you were painfully honest with me
And my feelings would sting for a while
Than to walk with you down a fern-lined street
As you lie to me through your smile
I’druther be a little homely
Than a cheap and painted fraud
Who wears a mask to fool people
Forgetting I can never fool God
I’druther be poor and happy
Learning to be content
Than rich with a pocket of fool’s gold
That brings no joy when it’s spent
I’druther have one friend who is honest
Than a hundred which seem to lack
The ability to be faithful
As they stab me in the back
I’druther have a house full of laughter
With furniture battered and scarred
Than live in a palace that’s silent
With every façade unmarred
I’druther have my arms full of children
Than trophies and accolades
And I like a ten-minute vacation
Beneath the willow’s shade
I’druther drive my ugly mini-van
With a happy family
Than be alone with a perfect tan
In a red Lamborghini
I’druther have a little trouble
Here on my acre of sod
Than live in a perfect bubble
Where I would never need God

Janet~

...contemplating motherhood:)
It's a re-run, I know,
but my druthers haven't changed
since a year ago!

2 comments:

  1. ME TOO! :)

    I love this, Janet. sooo...perfect!
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too!!!Well said!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!