Friday, May 27, 2011

In Words....





Oh darling, why do you do what you do?
I’m not the same person when I’m not with you
You hear what I tell you but words cannot say
As I hear you whisper in the very same way

There’s nothing better than looking at you
To hear what you’re saying in eyes of true-blue
I’m not quite sure why but somehow I know
What you say with your eyes and I love you so

I’ve tried to write you a letter or two
But honestly, I’d rather just look at you
And let you read everything I cannot say
And I’ll listen to you in the very same way

Poetry is powerful and words have their days
But I’ll take the resonance of your true-blue gaze
Darling, I’d tell you in words if I could
And if you were here with me, well maybe I would…

J~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!