Friday, May 13, 2011

Dependable You


Ah, what will stir my muse today?
I scan the low-flung cloud
Covering the earth with gray
An uninspiring shroud

I pause beside forget-me-not
They do not notice me
Could it be that they forgot
That they’ve forgotten me?

The tulip and the daffodil
Seem empty without sun
I wander up the emerald hill
To sit upon its throne

Out across the restless land
The breezes swirl and dance
I try to catch them in my hand
They move without a glance

Then, with my heart and soul wind-blown
Something stirs in me
Darling, you never let me down
My thoughts run wild and free

Janet

4 comments:

  1. Such a whimsical poem!!! Hope you had a good week and your tiller worked!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tiller worked like it hasn't worked in YEARS!!! Life is good;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...one more thing...today they are all laughing at my 'farmers tan':)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha HA I think I hear the beginning of a poem...my farmers tan looks lovely..... Glad about your tiller :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!