Thursday, February 24, 2011

Intangible You.........


I only want a piece of you
To touch between your words
I cannot clasp within my hands
Some sentiment I’ve heard
I cannot brush my fingertips
Across the silent air
Or hold between my trembling lips
The echo of your prayer

I want a piece of you to quench
The sorrow in my hunger
Between my fists I cannot clench
The echo of last summer
I cannot reach to touch the wind
Or blue skies up above me
Tell me, is there anything
At all that you can give me?

I only want a piece of you
But that defies all reason
I cannot hold the color blue
The softness of your breathing
And just a little piece of you
Could never satisfy me
I realize, the whole of you
Is wrapped up deep inside me

Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!