Monday, May 13, 2024

While Opportunity Affords...



whether its a hug,
flowers,
a text,
a thank-you,
a smile,
we'll take it,
right, moms?
(and dads, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings, spouses, etc.)
any day of the week
any time of the yearπŸ’


and, while we have the opportunity
in like measure let's give to our moms
(and dads, aunts, uncles, grandparents, siblings, spouses, etc.)
what we appreciate receiving...
tokens of love

Happy 26th birthday, Matt
(with celebrations better late than never)


Waiting for Uncle Matt to say....



OKAY! Blow!!!



Happy Birthday to you
Little Big Boy is two!
(whenever Little Big Boy's  mommy asked what kind of birthday cake he would like
his reply was quick and to the point, 'Candy!!' πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ’–


In the past week we've celebrated a few birthdays 
and a few mothers...
Each celebration's joy over-shadowed with the awareness
of a grief-stricken family in our neighborhood
who recently lost 'mother' without warning
on their way home from a day spent together.
These things should serve as sacred reminders
to love while opportunity affords...


(yes, every 'howling' bit of it, some with laughter, some with tears πŸ˜…)


in tot's defense, he just got pulled from playing golf with a set he just received for his birthday


Here's to the beginning of a lifetime of 'looking for the ball!'


While opportunity affords occasion to love as we ought
To test the reasoning that lords over empires of want-prone thought
While we are able to partake of moments shaping What Has Been
While love allots hope and heartache and all its tender points between
While give-and-take are running rife
Let's make the most of love and life 

While celebrating motherhood and everyone that makes Her thus
While learning to love as we should amidst the humanness of 'us' 
While weathering (but by God's grace) the rise and fall of highs and lows
While ever-approaching the place we all will face; life's curtain-close
While have-and-hold unfolds its lease
Let's cherish every masterpiece 

While laughter spills lyrical thrills and we embrace the gift of 'touch' 
While we encounter clash of wills because human nature is such
While years estrange each brief What Is, while leaving so much still to teach  
While we shoulder imperfect bliss before it slips beyond our reach
Let's taste simple pleasures with love
While God refills Time's treasure-trove 

While mercy meets us where we are and grants fresh opportunity 
While we are never very far from fond farewells waiting to be
While growing older with each breath that draws closer dust-and-ash dues 
Let's live today's prelude to death as if love has no time to lose 
Before its sorrowing tears pour
Let's love now, like never before    

Let's evaluate moment-art
then take each gift of love to heart

Janet~

...and last but not least, our master chef!





Yesterday morning the service was opened with one of my favorite Psalms-16...

Preserve[a] me, O God, for in You I put my trust.

2 O my soul, you have said to the Lord,
“You are my Lord,
My goodness is nothing apart from You.”
3 As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.”

4 Their sorrows shall be multiplied who hasten after another god;
Their drink offerings of blood I will not offer,
Nor take up their names on my lips.

5 O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You [b]maintain my lot.
6 The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Yes, I have a good inheritance.

7 I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel;
My [c]heart also instructs me in the night seasons.
8 I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will [d]rest in hope.
10 For You will not leave my soul in [e]Sheol,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to [f]see corruption.
11 You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, let's do all of those things! Love this Janet! Happy belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you Jen<3 and (belated) Happy Mother's Day to you too!

      Delete

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!