Saturday, July 15, 2023

No Greater Grief and Joy Have I


I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 1:4


How often in my own parental joys and sorrows
I think of my patient Heavenly Father, where I, his willful child
need his faithful goodness, mercy, rebuke and forgiveness!




No greater grief has a (Christian) parent than watching a precious child choose the hard
road of rebellion ,(where we all once were, but by the grace of God have been saved!)
No greater joy has the same parent when watching a child
 choose the hard road of repentance, of truth, obedience and faithfulness!

All that I bring to Thee
Is but what you bestow
Nothing have I save love’s reply
Each gifted breath will owe

Forbid that I betray
My Lord and King of kings
As Want uncouth disdains God’s truth
To covet carnal things

Lord, purge all boast but One;
The faith that makes me whole
Through Jesus Christ who sacrificed
His life to save my soul

No greater joy have I
Than Truth that sets us free
With holy awe to keep the law
Of love’s humility/of perfect liberty

No greater grief have I
Than to bear witness to
Emboldened hard, cold disregard
My faithful God, to You

Lord, hear my heartful prayer
Where joy and grief travail
To praise and plead and trust each need
To love that will not fail

© Janet Martin

Dear praying parent! Keep on keeping on!


Psalm 5:3&11-12
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait expectantly....

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

12 Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!