Tuesday, March 7, 2023

How Gently, Surely, Holy/Wholly, Purely...Joy



Rom.8:37
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.


Yes! A sunrise decorated daybreak's skies today!



Something akin to joy/spring fever surged through me as I drank it in
which got me to contemplating joy...
then lo, and behold! it was the topic of today's devotion
from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers



How gently joy does not dismay
Its source, like a wellspring
Of blush and gold to counter gray
That life is bound to bring

How surely joy restores the soul
Amidst much creature care
To cheers us on toward the goal
Of joy beyond compare

How holy/wholly, joy clings to God’s word
As sorrow’s billows toss
While hope’s anchor abides, secured
In the pow’r of the cross

How purely joy assuredly brims
To bind grim wounds of grief
And stir a symphony of hymns
From worship’s weathered sheaf

How gently joy anoints the shores
Where often teardrops flow
For we are more than conquerors
Through God who loves us so

© Janet Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!