Thursday, February 17, 2022

With Constant Reminders of Why



We know, sooner or later it will .
We just don't know when.
but Death serves constant reminders of its Certainty
Therefore when it comes for you or I
not one of us can say
'I didn't think you would!'

Our church-family is heartbroken 
as we mourn the loss of a dear 55 year old 'brother'. 💔

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed/contrite in spirit.
Hallelujah!

Suddenly I hear my Grandma's voice reminding me lovingly always to remember
'the old will die but the young can die'
and to make the sacred soul-preparations 
that after death cannot be made!
He remembered!
I have remembered.
Have you remembered?!
I am old enough to have seen the truth of her caution over and over!

I want to live life to the full
but never for a moment forget
the nearness of Death
making sacred every single, gifted breath!

This is a secular song but its message bears repeating
Esp. now, it seems





I want to live life to the full
Where its archrival, death
Hastens the inevitable
With every gifted breath

I want to make the most of Now
To tune its push and pull
With intent not to miss the wow
That makes it wonder-full

I want to be committed to
The season I am in
Always humbly aware of Who
Allots its woven skin

I want to wear the kind of face
That time cannot defile
To speak in tongues of every race
The language of a smile

I want to learn to bite my tongue
When spite's counterblows burn
I want to remember the young
-sters and how swift they learn

I want to often stand agape
By mercies great and small
By greeting’s glistening landscape
Where farewell’s shadows fall

I want to keep in careful check
The beckoning of want
For soon my dust-to-dust will deck
What none can see beyond

I want to navigate life’s curves
With reverent reply
For Death with constant rigor serves
Raw reminders of why

I want, above all else to hear
When my last breath is drawn
Faith's goal fulfilled by words so dear
Well done, My child, well done

© Janet Martin

His gift (not works) makes possible for all
Heaven's goal, if we repent of our sins and believe!

May this beautiful hymn below be each of our heart's joyful cry
as the sands of time expire...  






VERSE 1
The sands of time are sinking,
The dawn of Heaven breaks;
The summer morn I’ve sighed for,
The fair, sweet morn awakes;
Dark, dark hath been the midnight,
But dayspring is at hand,
And glory, glory dwelleth
In Immanuel’s land.

VERSE 2
The King there in His beauty,
Without a veil is seen;
It were a well spent journey,
Though sev’n deaths lay between;
The Lamb with His fair army
Doth on Mount Zion stand,
And glory, glory dwelleth
In Immanuel’s land.

VERSE 3
O Christ, He is the fountain,
The deep, deep well of love;
The streams on earth I’ve tasted,
More deep I’ll drink above;
There to an ocean fullness
His mercy doth expand,
And glory, glory dwelleth
In Immanuel’s land.

VERSE 4
With mercy and with judgment
My web of time He wove;
And always dews of sorrow
Were lustered with His love;
I’ll bless the hand that guided,
I’ll bless the heart that planned,
When throned where glory dwelleth
In Immanuel’s land.

VERSE 5
Oh! I am my Beloved’s
And my Beloved’s mine!
He brings a poor, vile sinner
Into His “house of wine;”
I stand upon His merit,
I know no other stand,
Not e’en where glory dwelleth
In Immanuel’s land.

VERSE 6
The bride eyes not her garments,
But her dear Bridegroom’s face;
I will not gaze at glory
But on my King of grace;
Not at the crown He giveth,
But on His pierced hand;
The Lamb is all the glory
Of Immanuel’s land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!