Friday, February 18, 2022

Never, For One Wayward Wink...


A special treat for you and me today!
Sunrise photo with a different skyline!
Jim (truckdriver-husband) sent this photo
 from somewhere in the very chill hills of
very Northern Ontario
(no phone reception when I tried to call and find out where)
(update: Schreiber, Ont.)


'Surely the morning gold and pink
Is the hem of His gown'


 Because I have yet to walk the mile
of those who mourn the loss of a parent, sibling,
son, daughter, spouse, etc. I cannot pen
the places that those losses must lead Love through
and I do not pretend to know what they know
but I can imagine, 
and hurt
and pray
and weep with those who weep
and plead to God 
to
bless those who mourn (Matt.5:4)
💔

What comfort to know
that never for a single, wayward wink
does The Lord, our Shepherd 
shift His gaze from His beloved Sheep...
🙏

Between miles yet to live and love
And miles that we have trod
Pray, where we are we find enough
In the kind love of God

Through wildernesses of today
Of mortal want and woe
Our Sovereign God still leads the way
Love's manna falls like snow

Enough, always enough, to feed
The cries of you and I
Exactly when, how much we need
His mercy will supply

The Pillar of His Promises
Will never shift or fade
But leads in paths of righteousness
In this day He has made

Toward the Promised Land we face
And run life’s race with joy
And lean on Him and trust His grace
That nothing can destroy

For, never for one wayward wink
Does He forsake His own
Surely the morning gold and pink
Is the hem of His gown

Surely goodness and mercy shall
Follow us all our days
Until forever we will dwell
In the house of His praise

© Janet Martin

 Familiar and forever precious...

Psalm 23 KJV

 The Lord is my shepherd; 
I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
 he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:
 he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
 I will fear no evil: 
for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:
 thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Translation below...



Translation of lyrics...

So take my hands
So nimm denn meine Hände
and lead me
Und führe mich
Until my happy end
Bis an mein selig Ende
And forever.
Und ewiglich.
I don't like to go alone
Ich mag allein nicht gehen,
Not a step;
Nicht einen Schritt;
where you will go and stand
Wo du wirst gehn und stehen,
Then take me with you.
Da nimm mich mit.
wrapped in our mercy
In dein Erbarmen hülle
my weak heart
Mein schwaches Herz
And do it completely still
Und mach es gänzlich stille
In joy and pain;
In Freud und Schmerz;
Let rest at your feet
Laß ruhn zu deinen Füßen
your poor child;
Dein armes Kind;
It wants to close its eyes
Es will die Augen schließen
And believe blindly.
Und glauben blind.
Even if I don't feel anything
Wenn ich auch gleich nichts fühle
of your power
Von deiner Macht,
You lead me to my goal
Du führst mich doch zum Ziele,
Even through the night.
Auch durch die Nacht.
So take my hands
So nimm denn meine Hände
and lead me
Und führe mich
Until my happy end
Bis an mein selig Ende
And forever.
Und ewiglich.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!