Monday, September 26, 2016

To We of Unpopular Creed...





To we who place our faith in more
Than logic born of what we see
To we who cling to Word of yore
And not modern philosophy
The promise of Inheritance
(Though it seems many are deceived
Only because of ignorance)
To we of unpopular creed
And targets of prophesied hate
Lord, it is for lost souls we plead
Before it is too late, too late

© Janet Martin

 If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 
If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. 
Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, 
but I have chosen you out of the world.
Remember the word that I spoke to you: 
‘No servant is greater than his master.’ 
If they persecuted Me, they will persecute you as well; 
if they kept My word, they will keep yours as well.  
But they will treat you like this on account of My name, 
because they do not know the One who sent Me. 
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. 
Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 



2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!