Monday, October 1, 2012

Monday Musings~





A mirror reflects the image
A sea reflects the sky
But thought’s finished span
Reflects the man
Not visible to naked eye

*** 

Man looks on the outward
But God sees the heart
There is no masquerade
For this innermost part

***

Love; simple yet so complex
And hard to understand
How both The Giving and The Taking
Are gifts from His hand

***

 Vanity and pride are as easy to hide
As a giant zit on the end of a nose
As a man thinks, so is he
As his thought falls, so his footstep goes

***

Judgment gushes from mouths of piety
Compassion bleeds from lips of Love
Pious judgment offers no redemption
But redemption pours from Love’s Source above

***  

I held you as a baby then you grew
I watched you as a child then you flew
I cannot restrain the Hand of Time
But pray you through; for now you climb

© Janet  Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!