Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Last Time....


There is no way to cherish
Or even recognize
Our ‘last’
If we knew when it would come
We would hold the moment fast…….
But it slips from the tips of our fingers
Lost in the sun
And only its melody lingers
When it is gone

I didn’t know it was going to be
Our last dance
Beneath that deep blue sky
I didn’t know when we said hello
We would never say good-bye

I cannot keep in treasured vaults
The 'last' of everything
Somehow I always believe somehow
It will happen again

Darling, today I hold you close to me
For darling, you and I both know
There is no guarantee
That we will ever have this chance again
So let’s have one more dance again
For how can we know
When a final dance has passed
And we pause in the after-glow
Of what turned out to be ‘a last’

Janet~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!