Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Four Best Words......


Tender little soft pink cheeks
Blue eyes and warm arms
Every night I am
The lucky victim of her charms
Girly-giggles, bed-time wiggles
I say, ‘time to sleep’
Bed-time prayers and teddy-bears
Good-night dear, sweet dreams

As I turn to leave her room
She whispers ‘I love you’
And I can say these four best words
“I love you too”
In order to say these four words
Someone must first say three
And I am so very blessed
To have them said to me

Janet~

I recalled this poem today
which I posted on frontporch a year ago.....

Every morning as they head out the door
with their 'good-bye mom, I love you'
I am reminded of HOW BLESSED I am
to be able to reply with
THE FOUR BEST WORDS IN THE WORLD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!