Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Goodness of Morning...



 Looks like another beautiful day! 
After the brute that battered us a few days ago
we are glad with fresh fervor for mornings like this!


But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; 
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, 
For You have been my stronghold 
And a refuge in the day of my distress.
Ps.59:16 NASB



Sometimes it whistles and sometimes it croons
Sometimes it moans, moody gray
Sometimes it crows like a rooster, where soon
Noon sweeps its newness away

Sometimes its harmonies meld, blush and gold
Sometimes it broods, blue and wild
Sometimes its kisses are bullish and cold
But always it’s pure as a child

Sometimes its startles our sleepy-eyed gaze
Sometimes it kindles anew
Zest for the quest of life’s best well-worn ways
Commonplace labor to do

Noble anointing, time’s fresh free-for-all
Stoked with appointments galore
Nothing quite rivals the hours that fall
Like morning, time’s never-before

© Janet Martin

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!