Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Together 'We'




During our Sunday Seed this past weekend, Bill Preston reminded us in his tribute to our friend Earl Parsons, by writing a poem in the poetic form that Earl had proposed a while back. Earl call it an "Appreciate" explaining it's origin from the children chant "Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate..." So as such, the stanza of the poem has two words in the first line, four in the second, six in the third line and finishes with eight words in the last line. I believe you can string stanzas together with that configuration.
So write your poem in Earl's form, Appreciate. Let him know you have him in your thoughts, and I'm sure he would certainly do just that, appreciate your efforts.



First you,
Then me, together ‘we’
And ‘we’ is better than ‘I’
Whether we laugh or whether we cry

I hate
To think of you
Alone, when we should be together
…everyone needs someone with which to weather weather

Don’t you
Agree, my dear, we,
No matter what we must weather
It is much more bearable when we’re together

© Janet Martin


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) thank-you. The photos are from Friday. no school so there were six children here; one with a birthday so we celebrated with cupcakes and candy apples!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!