Monday, November 7, 2016

On Learning How To Walk...





 Every Friday Miss "I he'p you" comes to my house...
This past Friday, as we headed upstairs so she could 'he'p' make the beds and vacuum
I asked her at the foot of the stairs, 'are you going to walk ahead of me or behind me?' and she replied without an instant's hesitation,
'I going to walk beside you'... 


What joy this walk of life will be
If we with meekness recognize
Mercy-metered ability
Then cut our footsteps down to size

Then we will not run on ahead
While others lag, beg, broken, tried
But we will pace our race instead
To walk life’s journey side by side

© Janet Martin

 He has told you, O man, what is good; 
And what does the LORD require of you 
But to do justice, to love kindness, 
And to walk humbly with your God?

Micah 6:8

After 'he'p' we rest;-))

9 comments:

  1. How sweet :) Kids' wisdom often takes us by surprise, doesn't it?
    How old is Miss "I he'p you"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is two:) But I think she thinks she's much older;-)

      Delete
    2. She is a walking sun-beam! I told her dad I can't even find words for what that girl does to my heart.

      Delete
  2. My guess was three -- she does look quite "grown up" :) No terrible twos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...not here but her mother and daddy might say otherwise. She is fiercely determined. yes, she is tall for her age.

      Delete
  3. How adorable, Janet! And to want to walk 'beside' you, TOO sweet!!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!