Monday, November 28, 2016

I Want to Want What I Should Want Without the Want of What I Would...



PAD Challenge Day 28: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “I Want (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then write the poem. 



I want to want the day at hand
And not for some lost land to pine
I want to want to hold the hand
That reaches to hold onto mine

And I would like, with grateful love
To prove my want with fervent grit
For soon Today will find the trove
Where only thought can treasure it

© Janet Martin

 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
  For we brought nothing into the world, 
and we can take nothing out of it. 
1 Tim.6:6-7



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!