Sunday, November 6, 2016

Golden Resolution



The only leaves left to fall are gold. 
On hillsides, in valleys, along lane-ways and streets their lanterns beam!


As much as we can
Whoever we be
Wherever we are
And whatever we see

No matter our druthers
No matter our place
We should love each other
And this, by God’s grace

Give all that we can 
And keep just what we must
And treat our fellowman
How we hope they treat us

© Janet Martin

The other night Boy one flicked water in the face of younger Boy 2 as they were washing up after dinner.
I suggested to Boy 1 that it is good to remember the Golden Rule.
'Do you know it?' asks I,
No, says he
'Well' I tell, 'it means to treat others the way you want others to treat you.
The Golden Rule is, Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.
Do you think you can remember it?' I ask as he heads down stairs.
"Yep."
"Tell me..."
And he confidently replies,
Whatever others do to you, you do to them! 




The Golden Rule

 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, 
do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Matt.7:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!