Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Summer Subdued





Through haze of dust and mist and trust
To new Todays we waken
September is Time’s wanderlust-
Filled vagabond betaken
With harvest-hued, summer-subdued
Cone-flower blue recesses
With burnished gold where skies unfold
Hope renewed with our guesses

Time's phase of sweat and groan begets
A sudden, sounder reason
How It, though thief is also Chief
Of each refurbished season
Where morning’s cup is refilled up
With what dusk-vesper dwindled
As swindled fray of yesterday
On dawn’s hearth is rekindled

This begging breed of want and need
Feeds hunger’s wild ambition
And butters dread with daily bread
From founts of seed’s fruition
Where September, time’s wanderlust-
Filled Dreamer-dust is woken
With harvest-hued, summer-subdued
And New Today unbroken

© Janet Martin

Psalm 16:5-6
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
you hold my lot.
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!