Thursday, September 8, 2016

Soul-speech

As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face;
    when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
Psalm 17:15



The wellspring of wonder never runs dry
If the heart is in tune with The Giver


So, sometimes we just stand and let the eye
Hear what words cannot deliver

Thought garners words within its reach
And fumbles, oft with vain appeal
To satisfy through its beseech
The tempest of fathoms we feel

Grief-loss, hope-joy evokes the tongue
To utter words it cannot free
Save stutters, while the heart is wrung
With sentimental empathy

Thus, when the best of thought is mute
And mouth inept where words beguile
We resort to word’s deeper root
A touch, a hug, a tear, a smile

© Janet Martin



Sometimes the wellspring of words is parched as we struggle to pen wonder 
or heart-hunger in full measure!

1 comment:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!