Sunday, September 18, 2016

Better Than Pen-Poetry





Somehow the thoughts I think tonight
Mere poetry cannot corral
Release of ink inept to write
Its relief in a madrigal

The world that aches beneath my skin
Where wars of faith and fear hope, dread
Ignite a hunger-storm within
Like waves that surge and break, blood-red

Sometimes ink cannot mediate
The ways of love’s there-of and such
Nor can Poetry compensate
With offerings of type-print touch

My dear, the world at night can be
A black expanse of brooding air
A pen is maudlin company
When I am here and you are there

Prayer reaches through the dark with ease
God hears the words I cannot say
For He can translate tongue-tied pleas  
Into miracles when I pray

...and suddenly, my dearest dear
You do not seem so far from me
The transport of whisper and tear
Is love's sacred soul-poetry

© Janet Martin

 I will love You, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock 
and my fortress 
and my deliverer;
My God, 
my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield 
and the horn of my salvation, 
my stronghold. 
 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

Ps.18:1-3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!