Friday, September 11, 2026

Wooed By Proof (of Mercy's Bide)

Today marks the sober anniversary of the great tragedy, often referred to as 9/11.
If we truly remember, Lord, 
help us to be a vital part of Your goodness and love in this world,
to shine your Light rather than join the noise and darkness of hate!


You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.

Day breaks; a gold, incoming tide, rolling across the countryside...






Day breaks; a gold, incoming tide, rolling across the countryside
Each dell and vale, an earthen bowl brimming and dimming night’s charcoal
Tableau; beauty’s banner unfurled, washes across a waking world
Bedazzling lawned and meadowed bars with wave on wave of silver stars

Rousing us from slumber’s repose to wade through streams where mercy flows
Unhindered and unruffled by mortal’s often-thankless reply
But on the threshold of Today/new-day, behooves us now, to pause and pray
Awed by God’s faithful custody of galaxies and you and me

This is the day the Lord has made, not to be anxious and afraid
But with confidence in His will, proceed, His purpose to fulfill
Rather than adding to the noise that lack of loving Him employs
Then, wooed by proof of Mercy’s Bide, sense Him in dawn’s incoming tide

...where so much more than we can see instills morn's regularity
God walks upon dawn's teeming tide, goodness and mercy, bona fide
Then let unbelief's lion's roar; He hems us in, behind, before
And lays his Invisible Hand upon all who trust His command

Janet Martin




Ps.118:1&8, 15-17, 21-24
(Read the whole awesome chapter HERE)

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever....

It is better to trust in the Lord
Than to put confidence in man.

The voice of rejoicing and salvation
Is in the tents of the righteous;
The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
The right hand of the Lord is exalted;
The right hand of the Lord does valiantly.
I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the Lord.

I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.
 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
 [c]This was the Lord’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.
 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Ps.56:3-4
When I am afraid,
I put my trust in You.
In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust.
I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?








No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit! Your comments are valued and appreciated!