Tuesday, December 19, 2023

This Christmas, As I Come To Gaze (At Thy Nativity)


Recently a message I listened to contained the caution that we, as believers 
should guard against getting caught up in romanticizing the Nativity, 
easily possible when charmed by enchanting figurines... 


Sometimes, in this age of 'progressive thinkers' some so-called believers
assume the 'perks' and promises of salvation, 
God's favors and blessings 
without first entering through the Door 
of true repentance which leads to obedience. 

May we, as we search the scriptures, 
ask God to open the eyes of humbled hearts 
to seek and know the full truth of what we 'most surely believe'...
Today's poem began as I pondered parts of Luke 1.



Dear Jesus,

This Christmas as I come to gaze
At Thy nativity
May no vain thought hinder my praise
Or mar my love for Thee

With childlike faith without dispute
With stubborn will undone
With worship in spirit and truth
May I behold Thy Son

The Saviour of the World, first laid
in lowly feeding trough
Thy holiest of holy Babe
No kingly splendor sought  

That none should envy how You came
nor covet Thy renown 
The King of kings, in mortal frame 
From Heaven's throne, stepped down

Then, as I bring my gift of love
To Thy nativity
Impress on me the shadow of
the cross/Gate of Calvary

Amen~

  Janet Martin



  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!