Monday, November 20, 2023

Rejoice and Be Glad Kick-off to a New Week

The passage below can't help but kindle holy hope and joy in our hearts!

Ps.130:1-5
Out of the depths I cry to You, O LORD!
2O Lord, hear my voice;
let Your ears be attentive to my plea for mercy.
3If You, O LORD, kept track of iniquities,
then who, O Lord, could stand?
4But with You there is forgiveness,
so that You may be feared.
5I wait for the LORD; my soul does wait,
and in His word I put my hope.

***
This month's Sunday School Verse
for grades 1-6 is pretty awesome too!
(Picturing this scene is rather beyond thought's comprehension, isn't it?!!)
Every living thing shouting God's praise!

Rev.5:13
Then I heard every creature in heaven 
and on earth
 and under the earth 
and on the sea, 
and all that is in them, saying:
“To him who sits on the throne 
and to the Lamb
be praise and honor 
and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

The above verse, and
 Saturday night's sunset...




...and a lot of unexpected beauty and joy
 in the middle of love's/duty's muddle...




helped to inspire this poem💝🙏


This is the day the Lord has made
Let joy and gladness brim
As we pick up our tools of trade
To humbly honor Him
Because no matter what we do
However great or small
It is enough when offered to
Our gracious Lord of all

Today unfurls love’s living rooms
Let’s make them fit for kings
Where each season profusely blooms
With joy in simple things
And life’s secret to happiness
Is not for favored few
But for each heart when thankfulness
Runs every corner through

Behold, goodness and mercy’s fount
Its measure, who can trace?
Where none could stand if God would count
Our sins without His grace
But He forgives all who repent
His pardon never fails
Thus, joy and gladness cease lament
As thankfulness prevails

This is the day the Lord has made
By His sovereign command
Majesty's grandeur is displayed
On sky and sea and land
And only a fool dares to boast
In what God grants to we
Who are at best, need’s uttermost
Subjects of love’s decree

Then, in light of God’s faithful love
That, through good times and bad
Replenishes Reason Enough
To rejoice and be glad
Surely hope’s undeterred reply
Is to fill all our days
Not with the bitterness of ‘why’
But with joy’s thankful praise

© Janet Martin

today's tools of trade at my house include
empty jars and apples,
paring knife, peeler, bowls and pots etc.!


The goal?!
Canned apple pie-filling😋😊
Our apple tree receives no extra TLC besides
what the Good Lord grants in sun and rain.
 So whatever I preserve with apples are usually apples I have purchased.
This year (due to lots of rain?)
 our tree has a bumper crop of mostly un-wormy,
what I have dubbed 'play-apples'.
Last week I dried some ...(google how to oven-dry apples)


...and also did my first ever batch of pie-filling!
It is delicious! 
I hope to share the recipe on a future post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoyed your pause on this porch and thank-you for your visit!