Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mind-matters or Minds Matter


 2 Timothy 1:7 -  
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind

Col.3:2
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

When we get out of God's Word 
we soon start listening to the wrong voice...



If I would listen to the vile accuser in my head
I’d never write another word but bow to fear instead
I’d bear the weight of failure like an endless badge of blame
Always a little strangled by an everlasting shame

And I could never lift my head to look you in the eye
Or find the courage to brave the unknown and simply try
I’d wallow in self-pity and the mire of despair
And never find true comfort in the solace of a prayer

And I would never dare to trust beyond what I can see
How cold would be worry’s unsympathetic company
I’d believe all the loveless lies hate's succubus would spout
I’d always be the victim of anxiety and doubt

Oh God, if I would let the mind's mocker tear me apart
I’d miss Your peace that passes understanding in my heart

© Janet Martin


Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee,
 because he trusteth in Thee.
Isa.26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!