Saturday, February 18, 2017

Be Cause





Beneath the weaning sweep of sky
And deep that keeps death’s soulless shell
We learn-laugh-love-yearn-sleep-weep-fly
But only once so live Once well

Between the green of tender youth
And silver sheen of love frost-kissed
We uncover this startling Truth
That one lifetime is but a mist

Before the grave where have and hold
Turns cold in life’s last letting go
We mold from glimmers, gray and gold
Life’s tender, timeless afterglow

Betwixt the blips from dawn to dawn
Though they may seem a minor flit
Our lives are lived, our only one
So we should make the most of it

Beyond the spawn of give and take
And lakes that blush beneath Hope's yawn
We traverse moments to a gate
And what this wake is hinged upon

Behind the veil of Last Exhale
When we exchange Body for Soul
And all things Time-anchored will fail
There, one eternity will roll
...and roll
...and roll


© Janet Martin

Have you pondered eternity recently
...where you will be
...and for how long?!
Big stuff.

Psalm 39:4-5
"LORD, make me to know my end
And what is the extent of my days;
Let me know how transient I am.
"Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths,
And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight;
Surely every man at his best is a mere breath.
Selah.

The Return of the Lord
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command,
with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God,
and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise.
After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds 
to meet the Lord in the air.
  And so we will always be with the Lord. 
Therefore encourage one another with these words.…
1 Thess.4:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring. "I serve" was my response to the Lord's blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!