Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Beneath the Tutelage of Time's Teacher

For today’s prompt, Day 5, we’ve actually got two prompts (that is, a Two-for-Tuesday prompt).
Here we go:
  1. Write an experienced poem. Or…
  2. Write an inexperienced poem.
 There is no end to the way a prompt like this can go...
Your life is an Original work of art. Use every color, tint and hue,
Splash them where Time melds light with dark
And leaves on its wall a picture of you...


I’ve held the power of huge sums of money
As I hand it to Dentist,
Mechanic
and Clerk
I’ve been anointed
with God-granted
Duty
Blessed by sheer beauty
Of everyday work

I’ve learned to linger
and love
what I’m lacking
It keens the trust
that keeps me on my knees
As I learn to treasure
time’s measure of moments
Gossamer capsules
Of soon-memories

I want to want
what I have
and experience the fullest impact
of hold
and let-go
Lest half-blind boldness
Ignores Mercy’s essence
That lends the only life
I’ll ever know


I want to worry 
about Things 
Like missing your kisses 
 Far too far from me
I want Experience 
to teach me life-lessons
Slip-stumble-crash…
ouch!
Then humility


© Janet Martin




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!