Friday, February 26, 2016

Without Second Thought...



"What are you doing", asked Matt as I stayed my post at the east window. 
"I'm hoping the sun will come up", I replied...and for sixty glorious seconds it did!!


We put bread in our mouths
And shoes on our feet
We gaze at the ways of
Life’s everyday street
We touch, taste and traverse
What blessing has wrought
We walk through dawn’s doorway
Without second thought
…we pour second coffees
We gaze far and wide
We dream and we worry
As seasons collide
In moments soft-falling
Like leaves through the air
We trample time’s grasses
And sample its fare
While God rich in mercy
Fills in all the blanks
When we are so busy
We forget to give thanks

© Janet Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!