Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful...





 When the night drapes gray-blue, over valley and bluff
snuffing tree-spiked horizons from view
or chimney flutes; save where streetlight puffs
sallow halos on November's scuffed shoe
and the shroud of dusk unravels from skeins
frost-tinged before dinner is done
while the wind wanders over tattered remains
of autumnal threads and chapters spun
And as the hour crawls to day’s zenith and then
In one breath morrow becomes today
And today slips into that ether glen
Of never again and yesterday

...we bow our heads and thank the Lord
that He abides, changeless and sure
in spite of Time; we trust His word
and praise the Love that will endure

Janet~


While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.~Psalm 146:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!