Friday, July 27, 2012

A Country-summer Morn


 This morning from the deck...

Blissful threshold
Brink of dawn
Sea of diamonds
Grace the lawn
Soft breeze strums
The misty morn
Of honey-wheat
And tasseled-corn
Green-gold patchwork
Quilt expands
From the Giver’s
Gracious hands
Tender salutations
Pour
Lavishly
From heaven’s door
As croon of
Dove and meadow-lark
Tune with joy
The thinning dark
While farmer’s rise
To face the test
Of faith and toil
Before harvest
And in the stall
The cattle lows
And in the field
The clover blows
While in the air
Its heady scent
Culminates with hay
Pungent
Aroma, pure
And nature-drenched
...the thirsty summer-soul
is quenched
Blissful threshold
Lily-clad
Rejoice, rejoice this day
Be glad

© Janet Martin





3 comments:

  1. I love the imagery. I grew up in the city, but have since lived in the country. I prefer the country life. Your poem reminds me why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the country and I love it still! thank-you for the visit and your words~

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Tis the day the Lord has made....

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!