Sunday, February 23, 2020

Captivated By Freedom (in Christ)

This week I was challenged by a speaker who asked; 
Do we dwell on the love God has for us?
Do you we ponder his earthly mission
to try to grasp what He went through to prove it?! 


I’m captivated by the love that sets the prisoner free
By grace that sealed death’s pardon on the cross of Calvary
Ah, universal and eternal, glorious release
Where wonder becomes worship as we hail the Prince of peace

I’m captivated by the fount from whence all blessings swell
In mercies far too manifold for tongue or pen to tell
Ah, who can understand the love that naught can comprehend
No height or depth or breadth of thought is able to transcend

I’m captivated by the freedom utter faith receives
By power in surrender that only Belief achieves
Ah, who are we that that He who authored all with ‘let there be’
Foreknew in the beginning the climax of victory

I’m captivated by the Presence sight cannot behold
By He who is within us and has overcome the world
Ah, yes! Our Creator is greater than anything
The mighty Mediator twixt the serpent and its sting

I’m captivated by the Hope the Shepherd gives His sheep
By the assuring promises that we know He will keep
Ah, though we do not know the high and lows that we must face
I’m captivated by the love that grants sufficient grace

© Janet Martin

1 Corinthians 6:12 
 "Everything is permissible for me" - but not everything is beneficial.
 "Everything is permissile for me" -
 but I will not be mastered by anything.
John 8:36 
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Galatians 5:1 
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. 
Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again 
by a yoke of slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!