Friday, January 20, 2017

Something Worth Striving For...To Be, Not Simply Do



I've found when my attitude is not as it should be then no matter how good the deed may seem, the joy and blessing of its Doing is missed



The Doing and the Being
Not so very far apart
But one is rendered by the hand
The other by the heart

I’d rather be with someone kind
Than one who does kind things
For someone who is kind, is kind
No matter what life brings

Be good, be kind, be patient
This is more than sound advice
It makes the person who we are
Inside be, not do ‘nice’

© Janet Martin


 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
Prov.3:7




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful, my fellow "Downton Abbey" fan!

    I think I'm now more of "The Crown" fan, though. Have you seen "The Crown" yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you:)
    The Crown?! Never heard of it but will definitely look for it...Victoria and I are re-watching Downton Abbey or From Larkrise to Candleford to satisfy our England-cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a new series by Netflix. Very well made. Recommended :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and true advice. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well put Janet. Your second stanza resonated with me. I have been troubled by recent events in our country and thinking that kindness (and grace), especially towards one's enemies, is a true measure of one's character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen.
      You wouldn't BELIEVE how much what is happening in your country is part of conversation here in Canada, and served, in great part to inspire this poem!!

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!