Sunday, April 3, 2016

Three-year-old Teachers

PAD Challenge Day 3: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Three (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.

 I babysit two three-year-olds.
They always make my day!

You always make our day
Your innocence, care free
You teach us how to live in Now
Though you are only three

You teach us how to love
Without a second thought
And when you sing the world is spring
Our discontent forgot

You teach us how to laugh
No malice clouds your view
You do not will revenge or ill
Your skies are always blue

Dear three-year-old, you teach
Us to believe, not doubt
With grin and kiss we learn the bliss
Of what life is about

Janet Martin



2 comments:

  1. "And when you sing the world is spring" --I love that! How true it is. This piece made me smile~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, Janet. It feels like a spring day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!