Thursday, April 7, 2016

Urban-ite



PAD Challenge day 7: For today’s prompt, take the phrase “Urban (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem.


Then, when the earth wears black and heaven is a sequined ream
When remnant duties of today become tomorrow’s dream
Then, past the dying breath of dusk like ember’s waning gleam
When time has bent its daily death across croft, hill and stream

...and night is like crushed velvet, dark, soft, like the slipping year
Soft as a rush of echoes brushed and shaped into a tear
Soft as the world a-slumber save the poet pioneer
Then, when I should be sleeping too, I think of you, my dear~

© Janet Martin

2 comments:

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!