Saturday, April 23, 2016

Take Off Your Shoes, This is Holy Ground


Writer's Digest PAD Challenge 23:For today’s prompt, write a footwear poem. A poem about shoes,or
  If you’d prefer not to dedicate a poem to your footwear, just mention footwear somewhere in the poem.

Glimmer on a fence-post
Shimmer on a leaf
Hint of pastel tint upon
Orion’s star-spun sheaf

Winnowing of silence
Aria of lark
Stirs glass air, a perfect prayer
Pierces dreamlands dark

Deft, God-breath of mercy
Lengthening of grace
Dawn's first gold undoing
Sod and sky’s embrace

Faint, the waking hour
Paints earth with a sigh
Forgiveness, hope's flower
Filling up the sky

Murmur of mist melting
Drawing hills and homes
Upon halcyon countryside
So the morning comes

© Janet Martin


Above quote from this book...



3 comments:

  1. I love the image of glass air...and the lines: "Dawns first gold undoing, Sod and sky's embrace. I know, you said Time not Dawn. It is unforgivable license to fiddle with someone else's heart-wrought poem, but your photograph inspired me and I am persuaded that you are a kind and generous person and will look the other way just this once...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love nothing more than another's input...and it is so special that you picked up on that because I had the word 'dawn' in there...then dilly-dallied between the two words deciding, not only is it dawn's first gold...way back when God said 'let there be' it was time's first gold, but I'm re-thinking that maybe dawn is more fitting to this poem because it is about morning dawning. Thank-you again, dear friend:)

      Delete
    2. ...so, the photo still says 'time's first gold' but you have helped me decide to use the word 'Dawn' in the poem.

      With deep gratitude for this kind of caring to you, Nibs End:)

      You are more than welcome to suggest 'tweaks'. I value your thoughts.

      Delete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!