Thursday, April 21, 2016

Neither You Nor I...

Writer's Digest PAD Challenges day 21: For today’s prompt, write a poem that responds (or somehow communicates) with another poem. 

I have felt it fill the sky
Strum the night with umber sigh
I have heard it's lone-song cry
After it has shaken
Every leaf from autumn's limb
I have heard its grief-toned hymn
Murmur where summer grows dim
I have seen it waken
Hills from winter's chilled repose
Rills when April's zephyr blows
I have felt it kiss my nose
After winter's passes
I have danced in phantom arms
Laughed at its ethereal charms
Wondered at its formless storm
Tossing maple-tresses
 I have seen the aftermath
Of his tantrums strew the earth
I have heard his howl and mirth
Romancer and rascal
But I've never seen his face
Never seen the feet that chase
Seasons through his blue embrace
...or is it soft purple?




Who Has Seen the Wind?
Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you:
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
Neither you nor I:
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!