Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Love Me Tender...

PAD Challenge day 26: For today’s Two-for-Tuesday prompt:
  • Write a love poem. Or…
  • Write an anti-love poem.  
 (to hubby)


We’re broke: the coin of fancy words won’t fix our maladies
And promises for things we cannot change will not appease
Poor human-nature tendencies; tell me, what can we do
But simply this, my darling, to love tender, to love true

The dream-girl you invented when we were perfect; sixteen
Has long since disappointed Fantasy’s idyllic mien
And my Mr. Prince Charming was a frog, but I love you
And all that I ask in return is love me tender, true

We’re broke: and joke about it in our half-a-hundred years
And marvel at the way time plays with us then disappears
I shake my head at your small talk, you laugh at how I chew
…we’re perfect for each other, love is tender, love is true

© Janet Martin

I'm not gonna lie...we've had a roller-coaster relationship but we're in it for the long haul...pun intended.
(Hubby is a long-haul truck driver;-)





2 comments:

  1. Poirot (David Suchet) says in "Elephants Can Remember":

    What have you told me? A husband and wife who live in perfect harmony? Who has ever heard of such a thing?!

    :)
    A wonderful poem, Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love that quote! so true.

    thank-you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by my porch! I hope you were blessed!